Marbella Club, a landmark in Marbella’s History and Real Estate development

Share Diana Morales | May 17 2011

The Marbella Club Hotel, located on the Golden Mile, between Marbella and Puerto Banus, gave the area its name when it opened its doors in 1954. In 1946 father and son Princes Max and Alfonse von Hohenlohe visited the area to buy land, and the following year bought a piece of land of 18 hectares, known as Finca Santa Margarita, where Alfonse wanted to establish his family home. Due to the growing number of visitors to his home every year, he realised the potential of turning his residence into a 5 star hotel. In 1954 the Marbella Club Hotel opened its doors.


  • Share this post